Thursday, May 18, 2006

We want YOU!

I mentioned a couple months ago this great guy, an Army Major, I met out at BIAP at a Public Affairs Conference. Turns out he lives steps from where I used to live in Venice, CA. Anyway, here is a funny post on AmericaBlog about his job in LA as the "Hollywood Liason". Apparently they use this as a strong recruiting tool to get kids to sign up for the military, failing of course, to tell them there are only two of these positions for the Army, and a mere six in the Navy. Good luck drawing that lotto ticket!

US military recruiters promising jobs as "Hollywood Liaisons"
by John in DC - 5/16/2006 11:22:00 AM

Oh, this is precious. There's a military recruiting Web site (that I'm told is being promoted on United Airlines flights, not clear why) that is promising kids, right there on its home page, that if they join the US military they can become "journalists, musicians, [and] Hollywood liaisons." (The video on the United flights apparently makes the same "Hollywood Liaision" promise.)Yes, Hollywood liaisons.

The site mentions "Hollywood liaisons" as a possible military career thirteen times.Iraq, on the other hand, is only mentioned four times.

Osama, death and dismemberment don't merit a mention at all.

Comment myCount('114779323425666115');
s (116)
Permanent Link

No comments: