Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Update and Care Package ideas

I cannot believe that I haven't written in something like four days. I'm sure that does just wonders for my scant readership :) It's been really hectic here, I'm preparing for a big conference, my colleague in the public affairs office is out of town so I'm doing double time, and on top of that I'm throwing a party for a friend who has been in Iraq for over 1,000 days. The party is on Friday and will happen in conjunction with Cinco de Mayo, I even got the Baghdaddies to play (the IZ cover band).

Lately I have been getting a lot of email requests for care package ideas again. I emailed some of you back, but someone mentioned that she hadn't seen anything on the blog recently, so I suppose I'll mention some things here:

- Coffee beans (we have a grinder, we cannot get any good coffee here)
- Nuts and other healthy snacks
- pasta or other non-perishable food we can prepare for dinner parties
- oatmeal packets for breakfast (when we don't feel like cafeteria food)
- Ah, here's something - we're planning a Memorial Day bbq for our military friends, so if you plan on sending stuff this weekend, some decorations for MD would be great (plates, napkins, hats, banner - whatever can be used)
- As always, candy we can share with friends. Just note, it was 111 the other day, so if it's chocolate, wrap in plastic.

I that's all for now, I will write more soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh. According to "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom" coffee is essential to arab culture. Are Mesopotamians Arabs?

Anonymous said...

HI Susan
Glad to hear you are being kept very busy! Nice to read everything you do.

Love Mamma from SA