It's 12:28am Monday 15 October. I am tucked into bed, it is cool now. Computer in hand, furiously praying that the dial-up will catch enough of the streaming coverage of the second semi final match of the Rugby World Cup match for 2007 - this one, South Africa vs. Argentina. I was supposed to watch the game live at another NGO with a satellite and projector on the big screen, but the French loss against England last night may or may not have contributed to the ghostly reception when I showed up with my Aussie friend and lift. Not a soul loomed in the large Pakistani-style house, so we let ourselves back out as quietly as we entered and I have been wrestling my dial-up modem ever since.
Fortunately I am getting play-by-play updates from the Kabul contingent as I try and find a better source for the streaming radio....
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment