So we all know I am an avid supporter of the South African national sport of rugby. And we just so happen to be in the midst of my favorite tournament, the Tri-Nations (South Africa, New Zealand and Australia battling it out for the king of the Southern Hemisphere). Alas I have not been able to find a screening venue in Mazar, surprisingly not even the only security compliant restaurant that we frequent, which happens to be a British establishment.
Either way, whenever I am in Kabul I get to watch the games with Chris and the plethora of Aussies, Kiwis and Brits around - yet when in Mazar, I am religated to receiving regular updates via sms, as I did yesterday from a new-found Irish friend.
After a bit of research I learned that you can indeed download these games online, so I immediately signed up to download yesterday's match, fully planning to enjoy it on my computer tonight after work. I even waited until after hours to not take up any bandwidth at the office....but ALAS - turns out there is not enough bandwidth in all of Mazar to slaughter this 905MB beast....how I miss broadband. At the moment I am looking at 63 hours 21 mins and 15 seconds of download time left - heck, I'm not even sure I can keep my power on for the next 63 mins!
So much for a good idea, for all my rugby-compadres out there in South Africa, Santa Monica, New Haven, and yes - Kabul - keep the sms's coming! Go Bokke!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment