Croatia is turning out to be one of the most wonderful places we have ever visited. And how could it not be, the people are great, the weather is FABULOUS, there is great wine and excellent beer, and you get meat with every meal. Rumor has it Croatians are "suspicious of people who don't drink".
Well, we are presently on the wonderful island of Hvar. I am actually writing this outside an internet cafe on a public square with a lovely tree covered in bougainvilla, overlooking the harbor. True to ourselves we haven't actually sat down and relaxed, instead we've gone mountain biking, taken a ferry to another island, rented scooters and explored the entire island and numerous of their wonderful wineries yesterday. Today we are diving and actually went down to 40m/120ft on our first dive, a first for us, and a heck more colder than the Red Sea. Tomorrow we have rented sea kayaks and will go exploring, just have to make sure we navigate this busy canal properly between the sail boats and all the ferries.
The weather here is wonderful, the people are great and we are having just a great time. We're here until Saturday from where we take a ferry over to Dubrovnik. I will keep you posted. Oh, and another thing, there are cute dogs EVERYWHERE!
I think we're planning on checking out the nightlife tonight, you know, leave the folks at home and come hang out with all the beautiful people from all over Europe that seems to have congregated here. Will update on how that goes.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»
Post a Comment