Beaming from the Boabab Lounge at the newly re-renamed Oliver Tambo International Airport (formerly Johannesburg International, formerly formerly Jan Smuts Airport). I am leaving Pretoria today both with a heavy heart and with a skip in my step (if that is possible), to start my new adventure in Afghanistan.
I will be in Paris ("I loooove Paris in the Spring time"...couldn't resist) for four days and will depart on Friday for Dubai, then on to Kabul Afghanistan on Saturday, where if all goes well, Chris will meet me at the airport (hopefully, because someone has to carry this bag). I am immunized against any and all ailments known to mankind, and have enough anti-biotics and creams and pain killers to start a clinic in Kunduz.
My time in South Africa was extremely fruitful, with a thesis to show for it, and many, many new friends and renewed relationships with so many family and friends. Next stop, Paris.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment