Chris and I touched down at the Oliver Thambo International Airport in Johannesburg last night after spending one night with friends in Dubai. Must say, not impressed with Dubai at all, it's like Vegas but even more soul-less. And the shopping, I found it to be extremely expensive, so don't know what the big deal is.
Pretoria is lovely, the weather is perfect and we actually managed to miss the Christmas crowd streaming in from all corners of the world. I imagine the airport will be a nightmare this upcoming weekend. We plan on spending the week here in Pretoria seeing friends and family, we have a Christmas party each with the two sides of the family tonight and tomorrow night, and on Saturday we'll load up my dad's double cab and head off on an adventure through some of the beautiful parks and mountains of the Free State, KwaZulu Natal and Lesotho.
I wish you all a wonderful holiday season, and if you are taking some time off, hope you will enjoy the time spent with loved ones.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment